Uninstall Windows Desktop Search-How to

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by horn, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horn

horn Registered Member

Wish to uninstall WDS –Windows Desktop Search . KB 917013 from my machine, but the problem is that WDS is not listed in my Add/Remove.
    I install it from MS site as an Update 917013 ,after install of IE7. Even I don’t know which version of WDS is..Note I didn’t install MS Toolbar Search, only Windows Desktop Search .
    Please help me how to remove it.

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

3. horn

horn Registered Member

In meantime found that KB 917013 what I have installed is corresponding to WDS 3.0.
    I have this KB but afraid to reinstall over old one to avoid creation of new problems.
    Any clue , please.

4. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

At present I have no other ideas apart from already suggested, but I'm sure someone else will come along with other suggestions
    Good luck

amber nectar is calling

5. horn

horn Registered Member

After a lot of investigations foun this:
    "Open your registry editor and navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ microsoft\ updates\ windows xp\ sp3\ kb917013 and delete this key and all of the sub keys

Now reinstall WDS 3.0, once the reinstallation is complete you should find that there is now an entry in the "add/ remove programs" list and that the uninstaller ($NTUninstallkb917013$\ spuninst\ spuninst.exe) is now also present on your computer"
    Running regedit found on the left pane KB 917013 and below a bunch of I suppose -subkeys.
    Shall I delete only entries shown in left pane or also values and strings in the right pane.
    Of corse I will make Registry BackUp before

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

7. horn

horn Registered Member

Finally sorted WDS 3.0 using metod a/m -removing Registry keys and sub keys, reinstalling KB 917013 and at the end Remove it from Ad/Remove folder .
    Removing WDS, Error ID 3102 is sorted to.
    I was right suspecting WDS for this error.
    Now remains only to fix Userenv 1085 in connection with GP.Seems that this is a "heavy duty" task, but I hope that with help of expert people, even this problem can be sorted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.