Uninstall Spyware Guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Hunniemaker, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunniemaker

Hunniemaker Registered Member

Need help and please keep in mind I am computer challenged, to put it mildly!

I am trying to unistall Spyware Guard. I've checked the other threads about the same subject. When I double-click on the red icon, the program will not open nor will it open from the Start menu. I did follow the links and downloaded and ran the exe program which was supposed to enable me to open and/or uninstall the program. This added something about a hook to my registry--have no idea what that was about and just trusted that it is ok and won't hurt my computer. This was supposed to enable me to do the uninstall after I rebooted and nothing came up on reboot and I still cannot open the program. Can anyone help me get this uninstalled? I'd appreciate any help I can get.

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Not sure if this will help but I open SG by right clicking on the red SG icon on the taskbar. This should open up a window where you can click on file and then exit.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, SpikeyB is correct. The desktop icon does not open the control interface to SpywareGuard. You open the SpywareGuard interface by using the small SG icon in the systray by the clock instead.

The hook thing you are talking about sounds like you used the file listed in this post to disable SpywareGuard following the next reboot, and that is the right way to disable it. However, when you reboot, don't try running SpywareGuard again... there is not an uninstall option in the running program. Instead, after that reboot, go to the Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and use the SpywareGuard entry there to uninstall it.

4. Hunniemaker

Hunniemaker Registered Member

Thank you! That did it. I appreciate the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.