Uninstall Spyware Blaster .

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Lawrence Nease, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawrence Nease

Lawrence Nease Registered Member

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefined

How do i saftly Un-Install Spyware Blaster ??
    Thanks ,
    Lawrence

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

First, why uninstall it? its a great program :p

Second, is it a compatability problem u are having? post here, maybe someone can help,

Third, when u install it, make sure u disable all protections

3. Blind

Blind Guest

I uninstalled Spyware cuz it wouldnt let me use a lot activex and applet time programs like windows update and yahoo games. Even after I unchecked the bock to block bad activex downloads. And now after i have unistalled it I still cant use any activex programs.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareBlaster doesn't disable ActiveX itself on any global basis. It simply sets kill-bits for a specific list of them. Disabling SpywareBlaster's protections is the only way to re-enable those ActiveX controls. Deinstalling SpywareBlaster does not remove the kill-bits or re-enable the specific controls that have been blocked.

If there was some ActiveX item that was being blocked by SpywareBlaster which you want to run, you need to use SpywareBlaster to re-enable that control. Also, Microsoft Windows Update has never been effected by SpywareBlaster.

Do you mean Java applets? SpywareBlaster doesn't effect Java directly at all. The only way a web-based Java applet would be blocked in relationship to SpywareBlaster is if the site the applet is found on is in the "Restricted Zone" sites list. Again, disabling all protections in SpywareBlaster would allow those to run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.