Uninstall required ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by emmjay, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I have DBPro 10.0 build 9105 and I have just noticed that 10.0.10:1505 is available. I opened my account and downloaded the update, however when I use the installer it abends. The installer did not ask to uninstall the previous version before it died. Should I uninstall the installed version first? If so will it remember my registration and serial number ?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Yes, you should completely uninstall previous build. Don't forget to restart your PC.
    Then install the new version and reboot.

3. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Thank you. I will do that.
    So after the reinstall, does it pick up my registration and s/n from my account (I should keep the internet connection open .... or do I have to write it down and re-enter it) ?

4. Mech_An

you can copy SN & Key to TXT file and save. Then use CTRL+C (copy) and CTRL+V (paste) to enter them during new build installation.

5. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I just uninstalled it and rebooted. It accepts my registration number, but not the serial number. I used screen capture to save the information before I uninstalled it, then I typed it in (sorry I did not see your post on the copy/paste suggestion before I did the uninstall). I typed in the dashes and then again without the dashes, tried zeros instead of 'o' just incase ... nothing worked. Damn it, I should have left it backlevel. I have never come across this uninstall BS before. Every product I have ever had to update did not ask for an uninstall first. What a load.

6. Mech_An

Did you try to connect to Internet and copy registrationm info again?
    Note: there are no 'o' in key only zeros. All '-' should be placed. No spaces allowed.

7. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Hi Mech_An,

As you suggested I went to the website and did a copy of my registration info.
    I made the error of confusing the 'registered to' info with the Product Key'. They are a slight bit different. My s/n info was correct.

Merci beaucoup mon ami.

8. Mech_An

you are welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.