Uninstall protection for ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jhowellMBL, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhowellMBL

jhowellMBL Registered Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Good afternoon all,

I'm trial'ing ESET 3.0.667.0 and I have the Server/Admin Console all setup, configuring restrictions for the clients.

I've figured out how to password protect the ability to go into the programs setup & manual disable/enable protection.. But I was wondering if there's a function to disallow them from uninstalling the client?

I've seen this functionality in Symantec and Trendmicro corporate products, so I assume one exists for ESET.

If not, I figure I can work something out from within windows.. this would just save me the trouble. ;)

Thanks in advance!
  2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Mar 3, 2007
    I read a post from eset on this board where they said that the password protection for uninstall will be included in the close future, but i have no idea when the new version will be released. So if you need this feature now i guess you have no choice and have to work something out. Maybe someone from eset can reply and say more about when a release with this feature can be expected.
  3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Apr 4, 2006

Support for uninstallation protection will be added in a future release of the software. I do not, however, have any information about a release date for it.

Aryeh Goretsky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.