uninstall PE trial crashed my stack?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by spike0xff, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike0xff

spike0xff Guest

I uninstalled a trial version of PE last night, and my network connection seems to be totally trashed. Google Desktop Search dumps a message that lists 'DiamondCS'. I can't uninstall TCP/IP, I change my TCP/IP settings but they don't stick, I can't delete my one Network Connection, how the heck do I repair this?

Windows XP Pro, *not* SP2, with a 3Com NIC.

Tried doing an 'upgrade' install of XP, no change.
    Tried uninstalling the NIC driver - XP just rediscovers it and recreates the screwed-up LAN connection.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi spike0xff, Did you exit Port Explorer first before uninstalling?
    Which AV and firewall are you running?

Sorry about the questions but there are two possible tools that may help regain your stack one is LSP fix and the other is a winsock repair tool which I cannot find a link to ATM as I have to go out now. Hopefully someone else will jump in with more info'

HTH Pilli

3. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Or you could try RegRun http://www.regrun.com . It can fix your winsock among other things although it is payware it is well worth it.

Thanks,

Chris

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  5. spike0xff

spike0xff Guest

Thanks guys - I googled and found LSP-fix and WinsockXPFix, LSPFix I didn't understand so did not use, but WinsockXPFix instantly fixed my network connection and got me back on the air. Amazing.

BTW, I wasn't running PE at the time - possibly installing Google Desktop over PE confused the PE uninstall?

Thanks for all the speedy suggestions though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.