Uninstall Paragon NTFS v8.0 in Lion OS

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by peterever, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterever

peterever Registered Member

I originally had NTFS v8.0 installed on Snow Leopard. Recently I upgraded to Lion. So I want to install v9.0 because to my knowledge, v9.0 supports Lion and v8.0 doesn't. However, when I tried to remove v8.0 from the v8.0 dmg package, it says

Uninstallation failed
    NTFS for Mac OS X is not installed.

But I still can find paragon NTFS under System Preference. So can anyone help me figure out how to completely remove NTFS v8.0 from Lion? Many thanks.

2. Mephist

Mephist Paragon Support

In this case I would recommend you to install 9th version over 8th version. Let us know about the results.

3. peterever

Thank you. I will give it a shot.

Before installing v9.0, should I turn off paragon NTFS in System Preference or not? Surprisingly, I found that v8.0 is still giving me read/write access to ntfs drives. I thought it were not going to work in OS Lion.

4. Mephist

Mephist Paragon Support

8.0 will work in OS X 10.7, but it's strongly recommended to update the driver.

5. peterever

I just install v9.0 over v8.0 in OS Lion without turning off NTFS. It asked for system reboot after installation. I tried copying and deleting a 16GB folder to my ntfs hard drive. It took around 8 minutes through USB2.0 to copy. Everything is working fine so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.