Uninstall of WinTasks Trial Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Red Dawn, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

I recently installed the trial of Wintasks and was testing it's features, got a bluescreen error and had to reboot, upon which I noticed that the app wouldn't start when I tried to open it, so maybe it was corrupt, tried to un-install via the Add/Remove programs section, would give me an error that that un-install for the program was corrupt. So I then tried to manually un-install the program, got rid of the program entries on my drive, went into the registry and got rid of the keys, then got rid of the Uninstall Key for Wintasks, but now I noticed that doing that, only removed the button for the un-install of Wintasks in the Control Panel/Add Remove, it still show the Wintask entry, but with no button to un-install, which never worked to begin with, but I thought getting rid of the uninstall key got rid of the entry. Either way, now when I try to re-install the app, it tells me it's already installedo_O?? I'm guessing due to that entry in control panel, right? Anyone know how to get rid of that entry if it still shows?

2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

Is System Restore a possibility?

3. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.