Uninstall OA and Avira (Complete)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tepe2, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Time to do some serious updates.

Im going to install service pack 3. But first of all I want to do a complete uninstall of Online Armor 2.1.0.131 paid and Avira Antivir Free. When serv.pack 3 is installed I want to do a fresh install of OA and Avira latest versions.

How can I make sure I do a complete uninstall of OA and Avira?

Anything I should know before installing serv.pack 3?

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I didn't uninstall anything before installing sp3. It had no effect on my apps.

3. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thanks. I believe you but still I want to uninstall. I have old version of both OA and Avira. I did try to update both of them with no success. So I restored an old image and want to do a fresh install.

Since I also want to install sp3 I just thaugt I should do that after uninstalling OA/Avira.

Maybe uninstall in safe mode and run CCleaner would be fine? Or is there any special uninstallers to download for these programs? I know there is for Norton and some others.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I can only speak for OA as I use the paid version. When I update manually, I uninstall via the Start Menu, and then install the new version from the .exe file. Then just follow the instructions. You shouldn't have any problem if you have your key. :)

5. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thanks. I will just try to uninstall both in safe mode and see what happens. If anything wrong I restore the image again:)

6. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Avira uninstallation package

http://www.avira.com/en/documents/utils/av7_tools/en/avuninstXPeng.zip

Avira RegistryCleaner

http://www.avira.com/en/documents/utils/av7_tools/registrycleaner.zip

For Avira and OA Revo uninstaller

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download/revosetup.exe

After do a windows ADVANCED search in c drive, include non indexed, hidden and system files, for OA then Tall Emu, then Avira then Antivir. Delete all entries you find and reboot.

Before you install anything in future, you could run Total Uninstall http://www.martau.com/ which monitors installs, and you run after using the vendors uninstall. It finds and deletes lots of extra entries. I use it.

You can also use Regseeker http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm to search/delete after windows ADVANCED search. ONLY delete the GREEN entries. I use it.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If he's going to re-install OA again in the latest version, all that's necessary is what I just posted. No need to strip OA clean from the system, or even do it in safe mode. I've done this more times than I can remember. If there is any doubt, he can go to www.tallemu.com and ask. :)

8. StevieO

twl845

Hi, the OP specifically asked/stated,

1 - How can I make sure I do a complete uninstall of OA and Avira?

2 - I believe you but still I want to uninstall.

3 - Or is there any special uninstallers to download for these programs? I know there is for Norton and some others.

I answered

9. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thanks both of you. I did uninstall in safe mode. I have now completed sp3 install. Seem ok so far except from this message when I have bootet into Windows:

sp3feilm.png

I will try to translate:

WZCSLDR2.exe - startpoint not found
    apsInitialize startpoint for procedure was not found in library for dynamic connections, wlanapi.dll.

Does anyone know what this means? Do I really have to see this message everytime I boot into Windows?

10. StevieO

WZCSLDR2.exe = D-Link wireless driver i believe.

You can disable it in Msconfig and see if it dissapears, but if you need it then try and reinstall the drivers. Strange why this has just happened though !

11. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thanks a lot. You are right. I seldom use it and can fix it later:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.