Uninstall and confirmation over HTTP

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by m00nbl00d, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

The reason for this thread comes in the sequence of this one also started by me.

This time I wanted to make sure that WSA would uninstall all the way through (for no special reason :D), and to my surprise, and I'm not sure if this is what happened before, as I don't remember, WSA uninstall confirmation page is provided to the user over HTTP and not HTTPS.

That wouldn't be a problem (over HTTP), if the license wasn't sent in the URL, but it is.

The page supports HTTPS, so shouldn't it default to HTTPS instead of HTTP? Am I the only seeing the wrong approach by using HTTP? :blink:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We don't consider the license to require HTTPS as it is otherwise protected by the user's account.

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

It would be nice though to get a confirmation message like uninstallation complete with Px3, some AV's already launch the browser during uninstall for the question form.

4. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

I think the browser is launched as the final action in WSA uninstall.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

P3's message is actually a bit of a lie - it shows the message just as it's about to continue the uninstallation. As it shows the message from the active product, it couldn't have uninstalled itself yet. It then continues and uninstalls immediately after.

However, with WSA, the webpage opens as the final step in the uninstallation process, and because it opens in a different process, we're able to continue uninstalling automatically and are finished by the time the browser is showing :)

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Ok, than perhaps a message saying uninstallation complete on the website would be good so avoid any confusion.

7. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Do you mean when we access it through WSA GUI? When I clicked it yesterday I was taken to the HTTP version of the account URL. Should this page default to HTTPS? :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.