Uninstall 3.5

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Oswald2, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oswald2

Oswald2 Registered Member

I tried Windows Control Panel, but 3.5 won't uninstall there. I tried reading the web page, and it says to run the uninstall.exe program found in the ewido directory, but there's no such program. Is there a manual installation? If I just delete the directory and the contents, is that enough? What about registry items?

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

You should remove also following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ewido

Use Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) to locate this key.

3. Oswald2

Oswald2 Registered Member

That's a whole folder in the registry. Do I delete all the items in there first?

Also, I found several other items with "ewido" in the registry too. What do I do about them?

I find that I am unable to delete the file called "shellhook.dll" from the ewido directory, too.

4. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Yes, remove the whole ewido key (folder). If you want to remove also the other ewido legacy keys, you must change the permission (->right-click -> permission) so that your user account will have full access. Some files are locked and should be removed manually after a restart or should be removed with tools like unlocker:
    http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.