Uni-License question / Clarification

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by loxxol, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loxxol

loxxol Registered Member

Hi Guys - just looking at ESET (Highly Recommended by a friend) and moving away from Mcafee.....

My setup is as follows:

Macbook Pro, bootcamp windows 7 and parallels. I usually use the windows 7 instance via parallels most of the time.

I am just trying to figure out what product i need to purchase.... :)

Could someone clarify:

If i purchase CyberSecurity for MAC, i can also install and run without issue NOD32 on the windows 7 bootcamp/parallels image.

However, if i purchase CSM, i cannot install ESS on the bootcamp image without purchasing the correct license....

BUT if i purchase ESS for the windows7 instance, i can then also run CSM without additional licensing costs

(hope this is making sense :) )

From a security perspective, does anyone see any need to run ESS on the windows instance, given that it very rarely is booted directly into bootcamp, so sits behind OSX firewall etc? For reference, the bootcamp is setup in paralles to used a shared network interface, and not bridged.

I would be interested in anyone's thoughts on the issue

I have scouted around a little, and came accross this post - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=294275&highlight=unilicense, and understand the licensing model to some degree - its just deciding which product combination i need to purchase when the trial expires.

I must say so far that my experiences of the eset suite of tools seems very clean and uncluttered, generally a lot more responsive than previous virus/security tools that i have installed.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

** edit ** - additional question.... How would CyberSecurity Pro change the things?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi
    Answers 6-7 and 8 may answer some of your questions about Uni license terms. (hopefully) :)

Link: Licensing FAQ (Home Users)

Cheers, Janus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.