Unhackme - how effective / useful.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChrisP, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I have unhackme - and also run SAS and AVG AM. Is unhackme needed (slows boot)

Are there any tests comparing it aginst SAS / AVG AM - I know AVG AM says it detects rootkits.

Opinions / advice please.

Cheers,

ChrisP

2. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

i will tell u that count on a problem i have in one of my pc`s. there was a dialler which call to some place in the net , d/l crap and occupy my full BW line.
    i try them all ... nod32 , kaspersy, adware...and more... yes... they detect it and claim to remove it BUT it back again upon reboot.
    UNHACKME del this malware in 1 reboot!! and free me from format the pc :cautious: so its realy good to have it amongst all other progs u mention

cheers:thumb:

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

How effective? I think it is very much so.

It detects a trojan TUKERNEL.EXE sitting in system32 folder, during those times, none of my AV or AS has smelled it. (PREVX may have done so, if it was still left in, damn--d, a catch 22 situation for me re PREVX)

Just before deleting it, I curiously open the file, luckily it can not open in 32 bits environment, perhaps that is why it has not done any harm or has not been detected by AV/AS.

Anyway, after deletion, the system still functions well, I just hope it is not a F.P.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.