Understanding SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Marja, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

First apologies to LWM and JC, I tried to post late last nite but, I kept getting disconnected(myISP).

Well, now I am confused! Here is what I have written down, I told some family members to use SG and SB, because they are easy to use even if you are new to computers.

I d/l'd SB and SG, because I had to replace my harddrive, that was July 26, from a site that I only wrote down as calling itself the "slowest download on the net". All the time before I would only click on enable all protection on the first page, since all the unchecked boxes I saw were on the Restricted page, I am not sure I did what Mike and Bubba did?

Some boxes in the restricted list WERE checked up until acculoader.com,the addictive, ads,tucows, advnt01, then boxes were checked up until CWS382, the next ones unchecked and in red were CWS1207-1291(that many?!), then a couple of dealhelpers, doubleclicks(3), and well, I actually have the list wrote down, if it would be helpful.

So, after reading all the posts, am not sure why we had those sites unchecked, especially since it seems ALL of them would have been unchecked - not hit and miss (CWS' excluded).

We are using one 98 IE5 and the rest are XPI IE6 home. We uninstalled the first one and went to Wilders' and d/l'd a second one, or maybe that could have helped. I can check to see if everyone trashed it or not.

As far as SG, we can't get it to open after installing, I thought I saw some threads about that.

Why does Spybot check new.net, mysearch and sidestep to be ignored?
    Like I said I am more confused now, but, maybe someone can see what went on? Scared me into using Mozilla, so it's not all bad, and I'm still happy with Javacool's progs otherwise.

HTH
    Marja:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2004
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Marja,

As you can see....I have moved your questions\post to it's own thread and hopefully we can shed some light on your problems.

I'll address the SG and Spybot questions first.

1)Concerning SG and you.... "can't get it to open after installing"....if you don't mind let's Please discuss that problem in it's own separate thread ?

2)Concerning Spybot and your question...."Why does Spybot check new.net, mysearch and sidestep to be ignored?"....the link below @ the Official Spybot Forums hopefully will answer that.

This link---> http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=15399&view=findpost&p=74004

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Concerning the unchecked Restricted sites your seeing via SpywareBlaster....I'll ask you to supply a little more info Please.

1)What other programs to your knowledge....besides Spybot....are you using that has a feature that can add sites to your Restricted Zone.

2)What version of Spybot are you using and is it updated with the latest signature files.

**Note:SpywareBlasters Restricted Sites protection**

If you select Enable All Protection via SpywareBlasters Quick Tasks shortcuts....All the Custom Block list items should be checked for you.

If you then come along with Spybot....or any other program that adds sites to the Restricted Zone....and remove sites from their list....it will then show as being removed when you bring up SpywareBlaster and re-look at it's Restricted Sites Protection list.

4. Marja

Hi All!

Well, Bubba, it was a new harddrive, so not much of anything was on it, I used an OEM from Dell for XP and they do have some security progs on it I haven't heard of, but I didn't open them?

I changed from McAfee to ZA, and pretty much let it do what it would.Wrong?

I have been having problems with people receiving my e-mails, and it seems alot of pages are being blocked, I never had that problem with the javacool, or Spybot, so I am wondering - could it be my isp? They are always trying to add some security something or other - and then I have to find them and delete them or as much as I can find?

Anything else you need to know I will be glad to look around on my puter, if I knew where to look.

I did try to search all myfiles for the word "restricted sites" and "blocked sites", I got two places in registry localuser and currentuser, saved them, but, when I went to look at them in the file, the title was there and nothing else?
    Oh WinPatrol, but it doesn't add restricted sites, does it?

HTH

Marja

5. Marja

But then, my family doesn't use the same ISP, I can't get their e-mails either, haven't talked to them to know if they get blocked pages.

I'll go back and look at some other places , I do know my isp has some filters for different things, e-mail, spam, internet, etc, maybe they don't always ask!!

Marja

6. Marja

Sorry, long day, Spybot 1.3 updated last Aug. 8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.