Understanding Linux file extensions.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Close_Hauled, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

"BusyBox 1.0.0-rc1 released" ?!?!?!

LMFAO!

version 1, release candidate 1!!!!!!

no offense but are you insane? (in the freindliest sense of the word ofcourse ;) )

Man you've got guts to touch your windows install with this thing :eek:

On the other note, seems like dpkg is trying to install the package to the actual CD. if your root dir is on the cd itself as I beleive is normal for knoppix linux (being mainly intended to run off CD) You might need to chroot to the HD. Since I have not used knoppix other than to install gentoo, I don't know the proccess to install external programs. That might have to be done befoe the CD is burned. Unfortunately, I don't have time to research this. Please let me know what you find out.

PS alien is a must have in the linux world.

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Not insane, just stoopid ignerent!

I got this DL380 in my lab with a fresh 2003 install. I just want to get this damn Password disk to work.

As for the Knoppix driver install, I think you are right. There is documentation on how to make your own CD. I just have to read it.

Thanks for your input.

Close Hauled

3. Close_Hauled

How do you link the .o file? I have a cciss.o file on the Knoppix CD, and a different version on the floppy. I want try to load these and attempt to mount the SCSI drives.

Close Hauled

4. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

The Offline Password & Registry Editor had detailed instruction on how to load drivers I believe. Can't hurt to try. (well perhaps it can but we've come this far :) )

quoted from: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

5. Close_Hauled

Thanks;

Actually, it's here:

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/faq.html

I always right click on the links to get the correct URL. I hate frames for this.

I'll try it tomorrow. What I was trying today was loading the SCSI drivers on the Knopppix CD. If I could get that to happen then I was going t create my own Knoppix CD with the editor on it.

The Knoppix CD has a different version of the cciss.o file. I could not tell what version it was, but it was larger than the Offline version. I think the Offline one was 2.5.4.

BTW: I bumped into VI today. I was trying to understand how to use the Link command.

Close Hauled

6. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

opps, d@mn frames!

Keeps us up to date. Once you have all this issues worked out, we'll see how good this thing is.

Using Microsoft's arch enemy linux to ignore windows security settings and edit the registry entries seems poetic somehow :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.