Undeleteable Files after spyware removal

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Birdysx, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdysx

Birdysx Registered Member

I am running windows XP and have recently used 3 different spyware cleaners/blockers and I have some files in one of the target areas which I have been unable to get Rid of?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am logged on a system administrator yet when I attempt to do anything to files, I.E. change from read only etc. I get error message. Ck for write protection unauthorized access o_Oo_O?? The 3 proggys I used are Adware, Pest Patrol and SpywareBlaster.

2. Birdysx

Well I figured it out I created a bogus directory and accessed it through a tweak mechanism for XP we all remember as winfile and deleted the directory.

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Well if you do decide to use jdong's thingie..make sure you use the one on this page :D

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,7374516~mode=flat~days=9999~start=20

rhather than the one you have posted...

and use it with caution. ;)

5. Birdysx

The issue I was refering to was the difference between your posted link and puff's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.