undelete partition -i/o error :(

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by WarriorLite, Oct 8, 2013.

1. WarriorLite

WarriorLite Registered Member

i am trying to undelete several partitions with hdm 12 on a hard disk. they were in fat and ntfs format. nothing probably happened to the data itself, but my brothers' inexperience in computers combined with aspirations made them mess with the boot sector and try to repair it.

the finds that appear as the application searches are many, but of just two kinds so far: apple hfs and fat 12.

the computer is pc and the system that was used to create those partitions is windows xp.

the program has so far returned one io error message. feeling i had no choice, i selected ignore. is it the right move? what can the error mean? what should i do if the error reappears in the next parts of hte dard disk?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

IO error usually means that program can't read or write sector on your HDD.
    For now you have to skip it to perform the operation you need.
    But I strongly recommend to check HDD health with vendor utility. Maybe it's just failing.

Unfortunately I can't fully understand your explanation of undeleted partitions.
    Could you please describe it more detailed?

3. WarriorLite

you were right. upon another attempt to instal w7 it refused to use this disk as one which is about to fail soon.

as for the data on other disks, it is not visible normally because the partitions are messed up. still, the content of the disk - all the folders and files and partitions appear in aomei partition wizard. I hope it will manage to recreate the files and folders to the disk i have bought.
    surprisingly, r-studio - a dedicated software that appears to have unsurpassed reputation, and paragon hard disk manager (its undelete function), which I have always considered a reliable tool find plenty of strange stuff and not a trace of real files and folders. what r-studio found, i wrote in op - some stuff in categories previously unknown to me.

concluding, I plan to instal windows 7 on still another disk, use aomei to recreated the stuff that is under rubble in two big disks - if you happen to know a tool for recreating partitions and content without generating trash, something possibly better than aomei partition wizard, please let me know. I will be taking care of it in some time

4. WarriorLite

another hot news is that the disk which i am using for a temporary vessel for windows 7, being the second oldest internal I have appears to slow down the instalation very heavily. strange, because although still ata, it is 7200rmp. is it normal?

I would use the newly bought usb harddrive, but it is not possible to instal system on exteral, is it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.