Unclear on success of stopping trojan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by splatworm, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splatworm

splatworm Registered Member

Hello,

I'm simply unsure if NOD successfully, fully protected my computer. While surfing, I received a pop up window from NOD confirming that I should terminate the connection. I didn't download anything that I'm aware of. In the Detected Threats section of my log files, the following note:

7/5/2009 9:17:00 PM HTTP filter archive PDF/Exploit.Gen trojan connection terminated YOUR-19AA58E819\Owner Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

Action is listed as Connection Terminated.

I followed the warning up with a new scan with fully updated signature database. No threats detected. So, did NOD protect me from downloading a trojan in the first place? Or is this thing somehow evading the scan?

Thanks for help.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I think your AV worked well, timely protecting the machine

3. splatworm

I guess I expected to see something in quarantine. Seems NOD caught it before it even made it onto the computer. Thanks for your help, and thanks to the developers.

4. philby

philby Registered Member

See below from here for what happened:

If the HTTP scanner of the IMON module detects a virus, you can choose to terminate the connection by clicking the Terminate button. This will prevent the virus from being saved to your hard drive. If you are not sure whether it is safe to delete a certain file without threatening the compatibility of your system, select the Copy to Quarantine checkbox before you choose to delete such a file.

philby

5. splatworm

Thanks to you also. Believe it or not, I really did try to get to the bottom of this before troubling you folks. That brief description just didn't look detailed enough to really set me at ease.

Thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.