Unclassified Malware

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by StevieO, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Prevx guys.

On here - http://www.prevx.com/avgraph/50/Other.html - amongst a whole host of other nice info, is Unclassified Malware.

Obviously the stuff that gets shoved in there is because it doesn't fit any of the other descriptions.

1 - What kinds of things are included in Unclassified Malware ?

2 - How potentially harmful are they ?

TIA

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It is possible that the infections listed there would eventually be moved into one of the other categories - all of the categorization takes place automatically so in some cases we can determine that something is malicious but not exactly what it does. Virtually all vendors try and name every sample but we've eliminated a good deal of research overhead by streamlining the process and letting our systems determine the grouping.

However, I'm surprised to see that high of a number of "Unclassified malware" as quite a few of those can be easily classified in my opinion. I'll bring this up with the web team in the morning to see if there is any reason for this :)

3. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Good show, please let us know what central command says.

Thanx

4. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

some more categories would be great. I often dont know why a file is tagged. It would be much easier to determine FPs if the classification would be better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.