Unattended installation

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by acronisdduser, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been looking for a way to create an unattended installation of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0. I frequently re-build my computer system when I upgrade or replace hardware and having a method of performing an unattended installation of one of my most frequently used applications would be tremendously helpful and a huge timesaver.

Thanks.

2. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

FWIW
    I know you can run an unattended installation of Windows Xp but that installation takes some time. Installing DDS only takes a few seconds so why bother with an unattended install? o_O

Why do you rebuild your PC when you install new hardware? :doubt: If I were replacing one piece of hardware with another, I would first uninstall the old hardware with drivers etc., and then install the new one as normal. If you are fitting a new mobo and cpu then I would do a fresh install of Windows anyway.

Just my 2p's worth ;)
    John

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello acronisdduser,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis Disk Director Suite doesn't support unattanded installation. However, as John mentioned it takes several seconds to install.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Do any of the Acronis products support an unattended installation? What installer is used to compile the Acronis suite of products? Perhaps the installer build application has built-in support for unattended installation similar to the way that Wise, InstallShield and Windows Installers do.

Thanks.

5. John Farrar

Sorry, I don't get your thinking. To install any of Acronis' products does not take more than a few seconds. Certainly less than a minute, so why do you need an unattended installation?

Personally, I would rather watch the screen and see what goes on and, in the case of a Windows install, drink a coffee or something stronger. ;)

What I would like from the Suite of Acronis apps is for True Image to run automatically AFTER Privacy Expert has gone through its cleaning routines. Then you would not be backing up a load of stuff you don't want.
    John

6. Acronis Support

Hello acronisdduser,

In Acronis True Image Enterprise Server and Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation use MSI, while other Acronis products use Acronis own installer. We regret to inform you that none of our products support unattanded installation by design.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. There is (inofficial and unsupportet) BartPE PlugIn for the DiskDirector. It should be possibly to design an unattended Install with an INF-File basing on the Information of the PlugIn.

8. John Farrar

Volker
    What you say may be possible but why would you want to got to that trouble? How many applications, not OSs, do you know have an unattended installation?
    John o_O o_O

9. Acronis Support

Hello Volker,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please note that Acronis didn't release Acronid Disk Director plug-in for BartPE. The plug-in that may exist is an unofficial version that is not created by Acronis Development Team. Acronis is not reponsible for any problems with that plug-in. The only plug-in we have is Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE and it is offered for free to all customers who purchased Acronis True Image (any English and German edition).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. Earl Pants

Earl Pants Guest

Little late but it might help someone else
    I use this switch for acronis true image 8 in my unattended installs, not sure about other products though.

/silent /serial=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

you might check this site, you'll probably find more answers than you'll need

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=101

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.