Unable to write script file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chandos, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chandos

Chandos Registered Member

I receive the error message above each time I try to clone a WD 80G drive (system) to a new two disk Raid 0 320 GB drive.

Is there a fix for this? What am I missing? True Image Trial vesion 8.0 latest build. This progam looks like Iit will fit my needs exactly, but I need to know that I can get it to work.

Many thanks in advance.

Chandos

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Chandos

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

Could you check to see if your WD is either set as a Dynamic or Basic Disk. [lots of WD come set as Dynamic Disks]

The reason I ask is because Dynamic disks are supported only by Acronis True Image 8.0 Server and Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server.

But there is a Fix to convert Dynamic to Basic. [using the diskprobe.exe utility on a Win2K or XP install CD]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. como

como Registered Member

TrueImage Trial version cannot restore images so I assume the trial version will not clone a disk either

4. Chandos

Chandos Registered Member

The drive is basic.

I wish that I could get a definitive answer from someone at Acronis about this--whether it's a matter of the Trail version or something else.

I'm not about to buy software that I'm not confident will function correctly in my environment..

Thanks for the input.

Chandos

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chandos,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all please check that you use 791 build of Acronis True Image. If not, please download the trial version once again.

The trial version does allow you to clone disk if you launch it under Windows. Please describe when exactly you encounter the error and send the screenshot of the error to support@acronis.com. Our Support Team will help you to solve the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.