Unable to use VPN in presence of OA Premium!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ams963, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

I use SecurityKiss. But the VPN does not connect to the internet in presence of OA. As a result I cannot browse using the VPN.

Shutting down only OA allows me to use SecurityKiss again. When OA is shut down Windows XP firewall takes over automatically and no problem with SecurityKiss whatsoever.

So how do I configure OA so that SecurityKiss Tunnel works again when OA is turned on? I've tried programs, Ports in Firewall tab and everything is allowed as far as I can understand. Surely there is something I am missing. Can someone help me?

Best Wishes,
    ams963

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Had the same problem. Try adding Rule in the Firewall/Ports window: svchost ports 500, 4500 UDP direction In, and System port 1701 UDP direction In. This worked for me.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Glad you started a thread about this. I'll be interested to hear what works.

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

It did not work. :'(

5. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

If you're using Online Armor in advanced mode, try again in standard mode. If that solves the issue you can switch back to advanced mode without issues.

6. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Sorry, I left out svchost also needs UPD OUT 500, and 4500 also. Mine ( I have a different VPN company then yours, plus mine is L2TP/IPSec not PPTP ) also has svchost UPD OUT 53,67,500,3702, and 4500.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I'm using Comodo Firewall and when I installed SecurityKISS it just worked. Since VPNs are common and necessary, why does Online Armor need this complex tweaking for them to work?

8. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I don't use OA, but aren't there logs you can use to help create the needed rules?

9. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Yes, I had to enable some of them. Options/Firewall check "All activity" + "Additional debug info", to find out everything that is being block, and allowed.
    I originally just had "All activity" without "Additional debug info" and still could not find how VPN was being blocked.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  10. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

simple answer - you messed up some basic or standard settings.
    As you can read it is possible with less effort. unfortunately i cannot help furter.

11. Victek

Victek Registered Member

First of all I'm not using Online Armor - AMS963 is the user having the difficulty. This also appears to be your first post so when did you try to help before this?

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am using OA ++ and I am also using a VPN at times, although not the same one, and I didn't have to do anything special at all with OA to make it work.

Pete

13. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks, that's good to know. Maybe the OP should uninstall/reinstall to return Online Armor to default settings and see if that fixes his problem...?

14. Brummelchen

@Victek123 - sorry - i should have written "he" instead "you".

15. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Do you mean me?

16. Brummelchen

17. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

My system runs VPN great with OA, what the hell are you talking about, nothing messed up here.

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Thank you all for your wonderful help. Being disappointed and out of solutions I had to take the drastic step of turning OA into learning mode and open my vpn. Now it works.

My problem is solved.

19. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Glad you got it working!

20. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

That's only part of the story. I had to connect through every server my vpn offers(60 of them) both tcp and udp, each time using OA in standard mode and learning mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.