Unable to use UDF-formatted media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by moldowan, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moldowan

moldowan Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having problems creating backup images using UDF-formatted DVD-RAM/-RW/+RW media.
    When the disc is already inserted, then True Image comes up with error E00040010 (drive busy). When I leave the drive empty until the message box requesting the first disc is shown and then insert the disc and confirm with OK error E00040004 is shown (disc full or low quality). Same problem with the resuce media builder. Changing the UDF-version did not help (1.50 up to 2.01).

On the other hand True Image suceeded creating backup images on unformatted DVD-RAM discs, so I suppose the Problem is UDF.
    But the FAQ say that UDF is supported... o_O

How can I solve this Problem?

Software:
    True Image 9.0 Home, build 3.641 (german version)
    Windows XP Service Pack 2 (patches up to date)
    Nero InCD 4.3.23.2 (along with Nero OEM suite 6.6.1.4)
    the rest shouldn't be important

Hardware:
    NEC ND-4571A burner, Firmware 1-01, primary master, no slave, UDMA-2
    the rest shouldn't be important

Media:
    Verbatim DVD-RAM 5x
    Ricoh DVD+RW 8x
    Verbatim DVD-RW 6x

Thank you in advance!

PS: I have also sent a mail to support@acronis.de. No anwser yet...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello moldowan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that starting from build 3625 for English versions and build 3641 for German versions Acronis True Image supports writing to DVD directly. This means that no third party UDF packed DVD writing software is required anymore to save your backups to DVD directly. The German FAQ article you mentioned is outdated and needs to be renewed. I've forwarded this information to our Web Team and they will correct it as soon as possible. At the moment, you can find the correct article at our English web site. As it is mentioned in the English FAQ article you should insert blank unformatted DVD in order to use Acronis True Image's own DVD-writing capability. However, if all of your DVDs are properly formatted according to the German (outdated) FAQ article and the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software is running in Windows "background" then Acronis True Image should be able to write images to DVD directly as well.

If you are unable to save images to the UDF formatted DVDs then please reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

If you are unable to burn images to DVD using Acronis True Image's own DVD-burning capability then please do the following:

- Run regedit from Start -> Run

- Open 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs' registry key

If there is no such key then please create it.

- Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1)

- Reproduce the problem

- Collect the 'cdrecord.log' file located in 'Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs' folder.

Whatever the case, please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know if you receive any error, warning or informational messages;

- If yes, then please make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message you receive.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

P.S. Please be aware that there are several known problems related to the recently implemented Acronis True Image's DVD-writing capability. See this previous thread for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. moldowan

Thank you for your reply.

I submitted a for technical support with all the mentioned logs and screenshots.
    Hopefully you can solve the problem.

By the way: I AM able to burn images to DVD using Acronis True Image's own DVD-burning capability (see first post) but I'd like to use UDF, because I want to store my incremental backups on the same disc(s). Just a question of comfort.

4. moldowan

Any news about this issue? Already been fixed in one of the newer builds?

If yes, when will the next build for the german version be available?

5. Acronis Support

Hello moldowan,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Please also note that if you use the build 3641 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (with direct DVD support) you should be able to store more than one backup on the DVD disc (as long as there enough space to store backups). You will be able to store incremental/differential backup to the same DVD disc later or create another full backup and place it to the same DVD disc.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. moldowan

Unfortunately I have not received an autoreply-email with a Acronis request #. I was able to submit the support form sucessfully...but no autoreply-email. o_O

Oh, ok. I thought that there was a note somewhere, that the discs need to be finalized to be read correctly later on.

7. Acronis Support

Hello moldowan,

I am sorry for the delayed response.

If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.