Unable to use PGP with PG

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Seep, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seep

Seep Guest

Since I've upgraded to Process Guard v2.000 (Free Version) I'm unable to create SDA's with PGP, I get an error message telling me that "PGP was unable to connect to the SDK Service" I can still decrypt the archives just not create any.

I've uninstalled PG and PGP works fine again. Any hints on what I could do?

(I wasn't using PG to protect PGP either).

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Did you have any of the General Protection or Checksum Options enabled? Just a wild guess, but if you did this may be the problem. But you should have seen something in the Log that indicated some action PGP was trying to take was being blocked.

Attached Files:

• PG.gif
      PG.gif
      File size:
      22.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Seep

Seep Guest

I've disabled all the General Protection and Checksum options to no avail. The log shows that PGP was allowed to start at startup but doesn't mention that it has blocked anything :(

4. LanceTurnbuckle

LanceTurnbuckle Registered Member

I'm having a similar problem with gnuPG/Enigmail. Crap, removing PG is the one thing I haven't tried yet. (Think I almost got all the md5's for its checksum protection too.) The log isn't showing anything being blocked. What gives? :mad:

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

If you have ventured into Windows XP-SP2-RC2, watch out for this new blocking feature which is in SP2,

START-SETTINGS-CONTROL PANEL-SYSTEM-ADVANCED tab-Performance SETTINGS-DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION tab.

The new DEP feature can and will selectively block selected programs from executing. Right now it only works on certain CPUs, but is supposed to be expanded with SP2 is finally released in August

6. steverio

steverio Registered Member

An SDK Service error message has been brought up before at the PGP forum for v.7. If you are running 2000/XP, the Client for MS Networks must be installed. Then you may disable it afterwards. I have 6.5.3 on XP with MS Networks installed but disabled and PGP works fine. I also have DCS's full version PG. PGP forum is at:

http://www.pgpsupport.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.