Unable to update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Stalks, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stalks

Stalks Registered Member

Today ESET has gone orange, and complains with "Error downloading file from update server".

Sniffing traffic it grabs a bunch of files successfully,

update.ver
    em006_64_l0.nup
    em006_64_l1.nup
    em006_64_l2.nup (It grabs this file twice)

All 3 computers are doing this.

Anyone else having the same issue?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, are you sure you have posted to the right forum? I guess you're using ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Smart Security, right? If so, what version number is it?
    2, could you please confirm that the update server is set to Choose automatically?
    3, does the problem persist even if you hit the "Update virus signature database" button several times?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

grabs them , you get to the stadium of applying the updated but the program cannot apply them , right ? Or the process stops at downloading (before getting something like 1/4 , 2/4 , 3/4 ...)

In additon to what Marcos asked you I would add :
    - Do you use legitimate paid version of the program ?
    - Do you download from the official ESET servers or from a Mirror

I am asking this because I have seen the behaviour you describe several times and it was always caused by corrupted mirror files (one of the times coming from fake Mirror server in a fixed version , the other times corrupted files in a legitimate Mirror).

4. Stalks

Stalks Registered Member

Yes, sorry, it is in fact the incorrect forum. I'll continue here for now. Eset NOD32 AntiVirus 3.x, see screenshot 1 below for version information.

Yes. Screenshot 2 below shows settings.

Yes, it attempts to download each time, but gives me the same error on completion.

Yes, I have a licence for 3 computers, all bought and paid for.

I didn't reply back for a few days as the following day it was green again and all seemed well. However this afternoon it has appeared orange again. Same symptoms as before.

Screenshot 1 (Version Info):
    http://www.nooblet.org/blog/gallery/misc/eset.forum/eset.nods32_update.error_image1.png

Screenshot 2 (Update Error):
    http://www.nooblet.org/blog/gallery/misc/eset.forum/eset.nods32_update.error_image2.png

Screenshot 3 (Update Settings):
    http://www.nooblet.org/blog/gallery/misc/eset.forum/eset.nods32_update.error_image3.png

5. Marcos

Please set the logging verbosity to diagnostic, run an update and post back the record from the event log.

6. Stalks

Stalks Registered Member

It updated successfully overnight by itself, so the icon is green again. However it must of since failed an update as the Update portion of the GUI is orange.

I changed logging to Diagnostic, and clicked "Update virus signature database" a few times. Here is what was logged.

7. Stalks

Stalks Registered Member

8. Marcos

Could you please compress the content of the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles" folder, export the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET" registry key and send it to me? I'll drop you a PM with detailed instructions.

9. Beagz

Beagz Registered Member

I am experiencing the exact same issue.
    Every day it says problem downloading from update server and then sometime later it works but then the very next day I have the same message.

10. faust1200

faust1200 Registered Member

I've been getting errors on the updates as well.

11. lourensz777

lourensz777 Registered Member

Good Morning,

ESET Antivirus v.3
    I'm trying to update too and have checked my update servers and set to Automatic.

The update gets to 75% and then stops and says "Error downloading file from update server" The computer has connection to the internet.

I have double checked my license and re-entered it but still getting the problem.

If you could help that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

12. MountainEarth

MountainEarth Registered Member

Same problem - not able to update virus database...

ESET NOD32 v3.0.657.0 undocumented serious error 0x101a.

Last signature update 3575 (20081031).

13. T_T

T_T Registered Member

I am also having errors getting an update. The NOD icon in my task bar is orange. When I try to access the download I get an error that says:

undocumented serious error (0x101a)

I set the logging to diagnostic and here is what I got:

11/7/2008 2:29:42 PM Update Updater: retval = 0x101a, failures: 83 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

11/7/2008 2:29:42 PM Update Updater: compile error 0 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

11/7/2008 2:19:24 PM Update Updater: retval = 0x101a, failures: 82 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

11/7/2008 2:19:24 PM Update Updater: compile error 0 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

The last update that I was able to do was on 10/31/08 #3575

I saw this post earlier in the week and figured it was somthing that was being addressed by ESET. But I see that the post has had no activity in a while and figured I'd see if I could get some help. Thanks.

14. Stalks

Stalks Registered Member

I don't think Marcos has a solution yet as he hasn't got back to me since I uploaded the information he wanted and replied to his PM.

I am still suffering. :(

15. T_T

T_T Registered Member

Thanks for the update Stalks. I was hoping this had been addressed and resolved and I would get a quick reply on how to fix the issue. I'll guess I'll have to wait, or reinstall and see if that resolves the issue. I don't like the idea of running a virus definition that is now 10 days old.

16. georgedafinca

georgedafinca Registered Member

Hello all,
    I had the same problem as you mentioned, but with the updates from a local update server. If i was using ESET update server all was OK. If I used my local server I had the problem you mentioned.
    I solved it by deleting all files in the mirror folder of the local server and making a new update on the server(probably one of the files was corrupted).
    Hope this helps you.

17. rweiser

rweiser Registered Member

George,

I am have the same issue. What do you mean by clearing out the mirror folder? Where is this folder located?

Rick

18. sd_mark

sd_mark Registered Member

19. wm408

wm408 Registered Member

sd_mark:

I had the same problem. First thing I did was do an update on a PC directly to a global ESET server. The update worked without a hitch. So I figured my update server, (Remote Administrator) had some buggy definitions or something of this nature. I went in and deleted all of the current definitions RA had downloaded. Then fired an update event on RA server. It rebuilt all definitions, (fresh copies) and it was good to go. Hopefully this helps your situation. Good luck.

Edit: I may have misread your post mark, in that you may have already referenced above posts. Oh well!

20. sd_mark

sd_mark Registered Member

Yeah I got it solved, was just trying to document for future reference.

Thanks,

Mark Berry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.