Unable to Update SpywareBlaster 3.4

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pmindiola, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmindiola

pmindiola Registered Member

When I try to update SpywareBlaster 3.4 i get the following reply after a fruitless wait. small window saying. "Cannot establish a conection to download, Please check your internet connection and try again" Once i hit accept to that the spywareblaster center says "Error Connecting to update server. There was an error getting the update information, the server may be temporarily unavailable, or there may ba aconflict with firewall software isntalled on your PC, the update information file may have gotten corrupted during download. Please try again soon"

It was working fine up top about 2 months ago, i have tried numerous times when i now my conection is fine to no avail. o_O

I have repeatedly downloaded spywareblaster in case my version was somehow corrupted. I have changed settings on my firewall (Zone Alarm) to allow Spywareblaster to even act as server in case that was problem. Same result.

Problem seemed to arrise when i tried to establish automatic download without having the automatic DL codes. However I am unable to pay for them now because my Paypal account was arbitrarilly closed .

All my other programs appear to have no problem updating, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Windows XP, AntiVir... etc

OS Windows XP, Desktop PC, DSL connection

Please help.

P.S. Any other way to pay for Auto Update without paypal? (by the way Paypal sucks site is right all the way)

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

PayPal is for donations only.

If you'd like to purchase the SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate service, please:
    1.) Open SpywareBlaster
    2.) Click on the "Updates" tab
    3.) Then click on "AutoUpdate", and then "Click here for AutoUpdate"

Then simply follow the instructions and you will be taken to an online purchase page where you can use a credit card, as well as many other options.

I hope this helps. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.