Unable to Update SpyGuard version 2.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by darksoul69, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksoul69

darksoul69 Registered Member

Jan 12, 2004
    I haven't actually used SpyGuard since November of 2003. I believe I updated 11/22/03 to be precise.
    Today, I clicked on the update button. It took me to the update site and showed two very large updates available.
    When I tried to Install, Norton Personel Firewall starting blocking all downloads until I granted permissions for the downloads to occur. Fine.
    Then I tried to install and my system locked up twice and I had to use Task Manager to end Spy Guard.
    Turns out PopNot was blocking the downloads although I had disabled PopNot in the system tray. So, I used task manager, again, to totally kill PopNot.
    Now when I click on the Update button, it starts to download,then stops, and says my updates (from 11/22/03) are all current. Which I know to not be true.
    What could be causing this? Should I uninstall SpyGuard and SpyGuard updates and then re-install? Is this a glitch with the older version or is someting still wrong with my system.
    I am running Windows XP Pro. My computer is a Compaq
    Since this is the first forum I have posted to, I did not know where to post, not do I know if it will post my name and contact info.
    I am assuming that it does, but, to be safe, my handle is:darksoul69 and the email is: removed - Pieter
  2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Apr 27, 2002
    Hi darksoul69,

Please read: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=19291

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.