unable to update every day

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rollers, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi, I have read some of the threads on update problems and still have the same problem myself. Every day, I try to update NOD32 and only get "unable to allocate socket" I use the network repair button, reboot and it works. Then the next day I am back to square one. I have also tried the winsock fix, which does the same...............works, then the next day it doesn't.
    Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this as it is a bit ridiculous having to go through all this every day to update.

Thanks for your anticipated help. You guys have bailed me out many times before.

Win xp, sp2, nod32, prevx pro2005, boclean, tds( as backup scanner not realtime)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There must be a program running which prevents NOD32 from alocating a socket. Please send a log from Hijackthis (you can google for it easily) to support@eset.com with a link to this thread.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

“Hijack This” can be found HERE

Cheers :D

4. rollers

I have today tried uninstalling Nod32, then re installing. So far so good, will see what tomorrow brings:)

Thanks for your responses.

5. rollers

So far so good today, still working ok. I am hoping the reinstallation has fixed it. Lets see how it goes

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see, and thanks for keeping us in the loop as to you progress...

Cheers :D

7. rollers

a couple of days on and still working fine. When I reinstalled I deleted the eset folder (shredded it actually) so no chance of picking up previous settings. Hopefully this may help someone else too.

Thanks for your help again all.

Rollers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.