Unable to see the EMISOFT ANTI MALWARE 7 nor the OA ICON when updated to Win8 PR

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GrammatonCleric, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I can't see the running EMISOFT Antimalware 7 nor the Online Armor icon when running on Windows 8 PRO 64bit that has been updated from WINDOWS 7 PRO 64bit. The only icons that show up next to the clock (yes I know of the up arrow) are MalwareBytes, WebRoot Secure ANywhere, Sandboxie, ONline Armor Firewall Status (the firewall icon but not the OA icon).

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Try posting in the EAM thread you will get a faster response or visit the Emsisoft support forum . . . you will get help even faster. :D

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

If you start then manually do they work and or are they active in task manager?

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

How many times do you want to install HIPS and FW on your system?

My simple workaround for the time being would be: deinstall EAM and OA, set

WSA to warn for every process going outbound (FW) and deny access to system objects (HIPS) for untrusted processes

SBIE to allow programs going outbound in the sandbox (HIPS) explicitely specified by you (FW)

With this you will have outbound access and HIPS covered (on threatgate level even twice)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.