unable to scan in safe mode with fsecure

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ejames82, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejames82

ejames82 Registered Member

dad left his computer to my sister, and it has fsecure AV installed. i cannot get it to scan in safe mode. the interface won't pop up. there are 3 icons to choose from on the "start" list, and the same 3 in the "all programs" list (with the addition of help). the most obvious icon that should get the desired result is titled "fsecure AV2006". left click gets no response. right-click>open gets an hourglass that lasts about 5 seconds. right-click>run gets a red X with a message that says C:\program files\fsecure\internet security\FSGUI\fsavgui.exe service cannot be started in safe mode.
    a great company like fsecure wouldn't have an AV programme that couldn't be used in safe mode, would they?
    any ideas would be most appreciated.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well i never tryed to scan in safe mode but seems it cant.
    if it always updated then it should of blocked most of the attacks if any malware tryed to strike
    lodore

3. ejames82

i am pretty sure that it's up to date. they leave the computer on, and i think it was configured to update automatically. it won't cooperate in safe mode. since i have kaspersky, and they have the same engine, i thought they would be somewhat similar. i scan every day in safe mode with kaspersky.
    thanks for the reply.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

read my reply on kaspersky forums since i posted a link there for the f-secure offical forums
    lodore

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Lodore,
    Thanks for the link. I had no idea that FS had a forum. That will be helpful, and especially since their CS is not very helpful normally.

As previously posted, I had very similar problems scanning with both FS and KAV in that neither could complete a scan. I assumed it is the Kaspersky engine.
    Since I bought the 3 year KIS offer from systweak, I especially hope the next version of KAV/KIS will run on this computer.

Regards,
    Jerry

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

NP Jerry i only found it about a week ago in the offical antivirus support forums thread which is sticky.
    its a shame they didnt have a support forum when i was using f-secure
    lodore

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Some of the posts on F-Secure's support forum date back to 2005, so it appears to have been around for awhile. They really should have posted a link to it somewhere on their main page. I had no idea that it existed until I stumbled across it while searching the web. :rolleyes:

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i dont belive that.
    why the hell would they have a fourm and not have a link on there website/
    i always used to send them emails and wait over a week for a reply.
    lodore

9. ejames82

sorry ladore.
    i thought my post went awry. it timed out, i got a blank error page, then i timed out trying to get back in. i didn't think the post worked. i immediately posted here and came to the conclusion that it was their sites problem.
    i didn't know whether i could post a problem about fsecure there. it was a shot in the dark. i admit that i'm not very observant, but i see no links or icons in reference to fsecure forums. since they did, indeed, allow me to post there, that's good news for my sister's computer, and for anyone who uses, or is thinking about using fsecure.

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

11. ejames82

ladore,
    super. that'll work. thanks again.

12. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I just posted a question on the FS site with no problem after registering.

Best,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.