Unable to run check disk

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Okanagan, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okanagan

Okanagan Registered Member

I'm going through the recommended procedures, but the check disk will not run. After rebooting the PC starts up normally, then the blue screen with check disk appears for a second or two but is to quick to read what it it says. I also tried to run by going to Start>Run>OK, but the result is the same as above.
    What can I do to rectify this problem? Thank you

2. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

I had this problem around eighteen months ago and located the problem as caused by "Kaspersky AntiVirus" software. Deleting the software didn't work, I had to restore back to an image made before installing Kaspersky AntiVirus.

Don't know if this will be of assistance to you but mentioned it just on the off chance.

3. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

I can confirm the same, except I did not have to delete Kaspersky (KIS) to get CHKDSK to work. I merely had to shut down KIS (indicate it should only restart on user demand - not on reboot). Then CHKDSK worked when I rebooted by machine. Strange but true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.