unable to restore image with TI 9 all versions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oly5, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oly5

oly5 Registered Member

Unable to restore with version 9:

All versions of True Image 9, including the latest Home version, are able to create, save and verify an image, but are unable to restore the C partition, either with the restore CD, or by clicking the reboot and restore function. Appreciate any ideas on correcting this.

Acronis support was not helpful. Have completed Acronis testing and logging, per their request, but their only response was to say that the issue will be fixed in future releases. This has not occurred and still left to my own devices to resolve the issue.

When restoring, either by the restore CD, or by the reboot method, the time indicator goes from one hour to two hours in increments and then does nothing. When the failed restore is canceled, the Windows partition is completely gone and nothing remains on the drive. The computer is left with nothing.

Backups, done using True Image 8 are kept on a second drive and the Version 8 restore CD is able to restore the C: partition and bring it back to a usable state. Version 8 is able to restore in less than 10 minutes and works every time.

Perhaps I am missing how to correctly use Version 9 (including the new Home release) but assume that the procedure is similar to what I do using version 8. Any ideas on what may be needed to fix this problem is appreciated.

Thanks,

John

2. BVL

BVL Registered Member

Hi John,

when trialling True Image v9 Build 2323 the same set of symptoms occurred.

In my situation I was able to workaround the problem by verifying the image as part of the restoration process.

When the Restore Wizard prompts to verify the image prior to and/or after the restoration, select the PRIOR option. Im my situation the restore proceeds without further intervention. Good luck.

Brett

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oly5,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As far as I can understand, you have already contacted our Support Team via e-mail. If my understanding is correct then please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subjects of the letters that you received from our Support Team. We will review the correspondence and see what more can be done regarding this issue.

Please let us know if you have not contacted us via e-mail yet. We will provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. oly5

oly5 Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. The images that version 9 create appear to be fine and am able to plug in the created images and view the various files and folders. However, still unable to perform any restore, even if the verification process is removed, or done prior to the restore.

It is possible that the restore process is working to a degree, but it is cancelled because of the time that it takes. For example, if verifying, the time counter indicates over 6 hours to restore and verify. If the verification is removed, the straight time to restore is over 2 hours. Since version 8 takes around 10 minutes, this is unacceptable and the operation is cancelled. However, during one attempt to restore using version 9, it ran over two hours before it was cancelled.

The Acronis support team was contacted during the earlier version releases of version 9, but these emails have since been purged. So unable to refer to them by the request number.

5. Acronis Support

Hello oly5,

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help either then please send us a Private Message containing the e-mail address that you used to contact our Support Team. I'm asking you to do this because someone from our Support Team already wrote you that "the issue will be fixed in future releases". This usually means that the problem you encounter is already known by our Development Team and therefore will be fixed in the future builds of a particular software. However, in order to find out what the problem is exactly and when it will be fixed we need to find your request in our database.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. oly5

oly5 Registered Member

Installed True Image Home build 3567 and it works great. Am able to create and recover in approximately the same times as version 8, plus it works well. Would like to know what was changed in this version, as this is the first release of version 9 that works.

Thanks for this release,

John

7. Acronis Support

Hello oly5,

We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the new build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Our team worked hard to create a good and reliable software that works fine on many computers in the world.

Please note that each new build of Acronis product provides recent enhancements and minor fixes and provides you with better hardware support.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. tiptop78

tiptop78 Registered Member

Hi,
    have just updated to True Image Home build 3567, the posts about the version 9 put me off, so I stuck to my trusty 8. My first restore went well, only problem I would like a bit more documentation on restoring with this build, the help info is a bit sparse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.