> Unable to restore image (on external hdd) of my computer, please help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wdeboer, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdeboer

wdeboer Registered Member

Hello!

I am currently working with TrueImage we got at home, earlier this week I made a image of the C-partition of my laptop harddisk. I stored this image file on a "secure zone" on my external usb 2.0 harddisk, but last night when I f--cked up my laptop (I do this on a monthly basis ;)) I thought let's use TrueImage on restore it! Only no fun for me...

TrueImage's Rescue CD-rom doesn't want to detect the Secure Zone on the external usb2.0 harddisk, it only see my FAT32 partition, but it doesn't see my NTFS and/or SecureZone. I already runned the lastest update of TrueImage I know off, build 768.

Anyone able to help me out how I can access my NTFS and/or SecureZone ?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi

Temporarily install TI on another machine or your laptop and create a "Safe" version of the bootable rescue CD (it uses BIOS functions and DOS rather than Acronis Linux). Boot the laptop from this CD and, despite what it says in the Rescue Media Builder Wizard, keep your fingers crossed that TI detects your USB drive/SZ.

Regards

3. wdeboer

wdeboer Registered Member

Okay, it now finds the usb device when running under "Safe-mode" only half way it's say it can't read a sector. So I thought to be smart and verify/check the image on a other computer. their Acronis says it's all fine, but when I try to accesss it doesn't seem to okay :(

It's say: "The selected file si not an Acronis True Image archive" in Rescue Mode, while on a other system the same file (booted under windows) it doesn't HAVE any problem. Even says it's okay: "The image archive was succesfully verified"

Next I burned the image on a DVD-RW, but still no luck. Also getting verified succesfully on the second pc, but still fails on the laptop. I don't like this :(

EVerything is using the same version TrueImage Server (build 786)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.