Unable to restore after disk replacement

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bossman1959, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bossman1959

Bossman1959 Registered Member

I have been using Acronis True Image 10 Home to backup my PC running Vista Home Premium. In the past week I suffered a hard drive failure on the primary drive but as I had the Acronis Secure Zone set-up on the secondary drive I was not too worried..(at the time!!)

The drive was replaced and Vista reloaded. I loaded TI and made sure the version was the latest (build 4942). When I tried to restore the image I get the message "E000101F4: Acronis True Home has not found any hard disk drives".

It obviously can see them at some point as it let me select an image file from the secondary drive. I have a lot of important data in these images and obviously don't want to lose anything. Does anyone know of a solution? :'(

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I'm guessing that True Image needs the new drive to have a partition (formatted), which you can do with the Add New Drive feature from the Rescue CD menu.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Bossman 1959

Ther was no need to re-load Vista. There is also no need to prepare the replacement drive.

You should boot the computer from the TI recovery CD which you should have made earlier.
    You can then run the restore from there as the CD version will see the secure zone and its images no problem.

Xpilot

4. Bossman1959

The drive was replaced by the shop that replaced the drive. They also reformatted it and loaded Vista.
    I can't use the Add New Drive feature without removing the data from the disk first. If I was sure this would fix the problem then I would be happy to do it but I would prefer to leave it for the time being.

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I missed that you said Vista was already reloaded ... my bad. As Xpilot said, there was no need to do so since the Recovery of the Image in the SZ would have wiped it out anyway.

To get at the data, can you mount the Image in the SZ and copy out the files you need?

6. Bossman1959

Good thinking !! :D . Although I would prefer to still get the full restore completed to get back my full setup I will mount the backup data and copy it to a safe location. At least that means I won't lose the really valuable stuff if I can't do the restore.

Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone still has any ideas about how to fix the original problem I would love to know what they are...

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bossman1959,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.