Unable to Resize or delete Secure zone!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by geezman, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geezman

geezman Registered Member

I am unable to resize or delete my Secure Zone. I have a 12GB zone created on my only HD. The HD is a 74GB Raptor SATA drive. Whenever I try to do anything to the zone, I get an error message that states "Unable to write to Sector 0 on Hard Drive 1." It has a few options: Retry, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel. No matter what I try the task is NEVER successful.Please help!!! It really would be nice to have my 12GB of currently WASTED space back!!!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

This sounds like a problem with your SATA drive or a problem with the TI drivers for that RAID implementation.

First, try Build 889.

Second, Error check the drive to be sure that there are no problems.

Report what you find here.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello geezman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 889 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Also we recommend you to perform a full disk surface scan. Then if the problem remains please create Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. geezman

geezman Registered Member

jmk94903 - I am not using a RAID configuration. I have tried build 889 with the same results. An error check of the drive finds no problems.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Sorry about the brain Raid.

Do you have an antivirus setting turned on in your system's BIOS that could be preventing changes to the Sector 0? Similarly, you might disable any antivirus program that you are running in Windows and try again.

Have you tried booting to Safe Mode and changing/deleting the SZ that way?

How about a bit more info on your system such as: version of Windows, brand and model or motherboard and CPU and is your SATA controller builtin on the motherboard or on a PCI card.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello geezman,

Please create screenshots of your actions when you try to resize or delete Acronis secure Zone and the screenshot of the error message, then please send all the information (with Acronis Report) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.