Unable to Renew Licence

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Graphic Equaliser, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graphic Equaliser

Graphic Equaliser Registered Member

I am in the UK. I have a licence that expired in June 2006. When I go to renew, I use the following procedure :-

1) I visit www.eset.com
    2) I click on "Purchase" on the top toolbar
    3) I get redirected automatically to the UK site with options to buy in GBP
    4) I click on "Renew NOD32 Licence" in the sidebar
    5) I enter my user name and password
    6) It comes back with a page stating "Licence details cannot be verified." and asks me to fill in a form with my name, address, telephone number, and email address, which I fill in.
    7) I then get a screen that states :-
    "Licence Details have been sent.
    Thank you. Your information is being verified and we will contact you shortly with renewal details."

I never blinkin' receive anything. Why?

So, I contacted tech support through the website, and they sent me these instructions :-

1. To purchase a renewal of NOD32 please visit our website at http://eset.com/purchase/index.php

2. Click on 'Buy' next to the amount of subscribers that you have and how many years that you want to subscribe for.

3. After your purchase you will get an email with your program username and password. You will then need to change your username and password to update the program.

Now, there's the rub. I have to purchase at full price in order to update my licence. I am not prepared to do that.

Another thing - your "Live Operator" is always "Offline".

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A license renewal can be purchased within a 30-day grace period. Please PM me your username so that I can check it on files.

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Graphic Equaliser have you had any virus issues since June 06 ? do you really need to pay for license ?

It seems that some on this site attract viruses on an almost hourly basis. Others, like me haven't seen a virus in years. You might want to take this opportunity to decide if you really do need a paid for program.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Any AV program which is not kept up to date exposes your computer at risk. I'm quite surprised to see here someone who recommends not to pay for updates and leave the computer at risk. Well, you can install Linux and be fine even without a decent AV, but I don't think that's the case of most home users.

5. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I was questioning whether it was necessary to "pay" for a license. For some, depending upon their habits, it may well be necessary.
    For others a free program - Antivir, avast, ........ will do.

6. Graphic Equaliser

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Did you purchase from the UK or from the USA?

Cheers :D

8. Graphic Equaliser

I actually won my subscription from an ABIT motherboard forum, probably hosted in the States. Is that why we are having difficulties?

P.S. I just helped a friend with problem PCs at his house, and he has now dumped the pre-installed NAV setups, and put in three NOD32 trials. He is so pleased, that he will definitely buy when the trials expire. A key point to note is that when I went to Control Panel, System and saw how fast his AMD64 chip was running at, these were the results (prepare for a shock!) :-

With NAV installed and running as per default pre-install AMD64 @ 0.99GHz
    With NAV uninstalled and NOD32 running with default settings AMD64 @ 1.99GHz

:gack: :blink: :doubt: :eek:

He had the same thing happen with the Vista laptop he'd just bought - a doubling of CPU speed after uninstalling NAV. Symantec have got a lot to answer for, especially with their arrangements with major suppliers (like BT in this case) to have NAV pre-installed. IMO, never use NAV, ever!

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have sent you a Private Message.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.