Unable to register PowerShadow 2.82

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by mrfargoreed, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

Is anyone else having this problem? Did a format today and went to install PowerShadow 2.82 as usual, but it won't accept registration (any name and email address). Unfortunately I can't make sense of any of the messages coming up (I get something like '152?,o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O??').

Can't tell if it's a problem with PS itself or just with the registration process. If anyone has similar and solved the issue, I would love toknow.

Many thanks.

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Is this an English version?
    If so,where would I download it?

The only other question is...is 2.82 also going to be free?

3. mrfargoreed

No, it's a Chinese version, but there is a link in the PowerShadow post (below) where to download it and how to install it properly - it comes with English files to copy into your system32/shadow folder. And yes, it's supposed to be free. Every time I've installed it so far it's registered without a hitch, but not now.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=161735&highlight=powershadow

for the download link. It's somewhere in there :)

Here's the download link from that post:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i2wv6t

Good luck with it!

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I read thru the thread that you posted.

It appears that Power Shadow doesn't do online registration anymore.
    It's on the last page of that thread if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the info.
    I think I'll wait for an English version.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks; PS 2.82 is NOT made for non-Chinese users. ONLY in China, eh? And June 11, 2007 if I still remember correctly after mentioning several times, is the cut0ff date, either you are in or you are out (out of luck). Apparently you are out of luck. Next time when its English version is available(a big if right now), it will be business as usual= fork over your hard earned $$$ before we talk. Good luck, and have a nice one, always.

6. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Try an uninstall - reboot - reinstall.

That 152 error message came up here after a format reinstall of XP here but I did manage to get 2.82 registered doing the above.

That was before the supposed cut off date but you never know, it just may work.

On one format reinstall where PS had been installed prior to the format it came up as registered after reinstalling with no user input.o_O

If I remember right that reinstall of PS was done without the internet connected so might be something there.

I do have several hard drives that I hook up as masters where PS is installed on all except for the one with Vista.

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

The same here, PLUS, it's on every FD-ISR snapshot i make. Pretty tight ship covering snapshots with PS and letting HIPS monitor for demons. LoL

8. mrfargoreed

Certainly am out of luck Perman. I will use the previous version until 2.82 is released in a proper English version. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

9. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have given up on PS . I am running Returnil . It is being developed and supported. See the posts in Software and Services.

10. WilliamP

Returnil is now free

11. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

PowerShadow was free then goes paid.

Returnil was paid now free.

Add the excellent support provided by Returnil it wins by a country mile atm.;)

12. WilliamP

I agree with that. I don't understand but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. I was on the verge of buying it.

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Yes. The personal edition is 100% pure free for home users. It is memory-based virtualization . Is it better in comparison with HDD based one such as PS or DeepFreerze? Anyone knows the pros and cons in term of technology and safety ?

14. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Only if and when it proves to outperform Power Shadow. Returnil is very new and has a way to go yet to gain momentum. One thing i noticed is that you can enter POWER SHADOW MASTER shadow-mode anytime WITHOUT REBOOT. Can you do the same thing with Returnil in this version?

15. mrfargoreed

I'm convinced! Returnil here I come (to test, anyway)!

Had no idea it was free and been hearing good things about it.

:)

16. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I stand corrected that Retunil requires a reboot to enter Protection-Mode. SessionLock DOES make that possible.

Sorry, it's only an hour old after install. And i not got to the Help Files like i should. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.