Unable to recover with CD or F11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by emmetfb, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmetfb

emmetfb Registered Member

Using TI home 9.0 build 3677 on my new system I am unable to make a recovery with either the F11 action or by using the recovery CD. TI only finds the external USB drive if I have attached it. If I don't attach it and boot I get an error message E000101F4 cannot find Hard Disks.

I can create back-ups. I can mount the images - and read them.

I have read other threads and I have installed the latest drivers from the Acronis site. Plus I have written to Acronis supplying all the relevant files - report.txt, snapapi.log and the Windows sysinfo.nfo - but they have not answered. I am hoping someone here can help.

Thank you and best regards.

PC Spec.
    Asus P5B Deluxe
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    2GB Corsair PC2 800 DDR2
    AUSU EN7600 GS silent
    WD Caviar SE16 400GB SATA II (IDE mode)
    Samsung SH-S182M DVD Writer
    WD IDE/USB 110GB external HDD
    XP Pro SP2

2. Keesne

Keesne Registered Member

This seems to be a familiar problem with Core2 Duo systems. I am using ATI 10 (build 4871) and when trying to recover with CD or F11 a similar error message is shown. Had this problem also with version 8. Read the thread "Cant use restore" by "bm1".

3. emmetfb

emmetfb Registered Member

Thank you very much Keesne for pointing me in the right direction; from that thread I learnt about the BartPE builder.

I have subsequently built a BartPE bootable CD with the TI 9.0 plug-in (from the Acronis\BartPE folder). The CD booted (but with no network capability); I was able to access all the partitions on my HDDs and I have successfully run a full recovery. I am deliriously happy.

I have to wonder what Acronis would do without the people in this forum helping in this way. Thank you each and all.

Best regards

Asus P5B Deluxe
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    Corsair DDR2 PC2 800 - 2 x 1024MB
    Asus EN7600 GS silent 512 MB DDR3 PC-I Express
    WD Caviar SE16 400GB SATA II (IDE mode)
    Samsung SH-S182M DVD Writer
    WD IDE/USB 110GB external HDD
    Win XP Pro SP2

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Did you create a Acronis Secure Zone (SZ) on the external HD and accept the default option to also activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (SRM)? If so, that would explain why the system refuses to boot correctly without the external HD connected.

Also worth noting that, irrespective of whether you created a SZ and activated the SRM, TI will not detect an external drive unless it's connected and switched on prior to booting into recovery mode (from within Windows, via F11 or from the rescue CD).

Regards

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Well, how could it find a drive that is not attached? Do you mean it can't find any drives if the USB is not attached?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.