Unable To Read Disk 1 Sector When Doing Clone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ginky4, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginky4

ginky4 Registered Member

I am trying to do a disc clone but I am getting an error after 11% completion that says "Unable to Read Disk 1 Sector 19282273. Hit Retry, Ignore, Ignore All. None of these selections seem to work.

Anyway to get around this to complete the clone. I am using Acronis True Image 9.0 with Windows XP Professional.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Which build of version 9 are you using? Some of the early builds had unresolved problems.

Is this a PC, Laptop or something else? They can need different handling in cloning procedures.
    The make and model would also be useful because some need special treatment.

Have you run CHKDSK R on your hard drives? This may be all that is needed to get the clone to complete.

A description of how you are doing the clone would also be of help. For instance are you using an external connection for one of the drives or are they both internal drives?

A favoured method is to put the target dive in place of the donor drive and then set the donor drive in an external enclosure before running the clone from the TI rescue CD.

Xpilot

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Sounds like a bad sector. Click the Windows Start button and in the Run box type:

CHKDSK C: /R

Click OK, and then reboot to let the error checking run. It will take a while but it will mark out the bad sector so that TI should run without problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.