Unable to open JavaCool Software website

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Tech Support, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tech Support

Tech Support Registered Member

For the last week we've been unable to update Spyware Blaster 3.5.1 and kept getting an internet error message.

finally, we tried just going to the javacoolsoftware.com website. We thought maybe there was a new version. unfortunately, all we get is "this page cannot be displayed errors".

And we've tried from different computers, different networks, different isp's.

anyone know why?

mahalo (thanks)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Tech Support

Have you tried reaching Javacool's site with another browser such as Firefox?

3. Tech Support

yes and still no luck - until last week we've not had problems.

were changes made to the site? any other ideas, we'd still like to use the product.

mahalo (thanks)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Try a traceroute (tracert) to see where you are losing the connection.

Open the command prompt in XP and enter tracert www.javacoolsoftware.com

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Also....do you have the same results with it's associated IP....http://67.43.10.91 ?

Do you have a Hosts file and did a javacool or liquidweb entry get placed in there accidently ?

6. Tech Support

Have check all the sites and we checked with Liquid Web tech support because it all appears to be port 80 related. We don't block port 80. we can tracert to the ip address or website - both complete.

the website just won't resolve. it times out with a DNS error.

we are also having the same kind of problem with Lavasoft's update site. but only these 2 sites, all other sites resolve.

is there a way to get the updates for spyware blaster manually? or ftp?

mahalo (thanks)

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

8. Tech Support

Unfortunately that link doesn't help either - since none of the javacoolsoftware.* sites will resolve for us.

is there no other "mirror" site available to get the updates?

we are at a loss why we are unable to resolve this site.

btw - we can update from the lavasoft site again. so now our only problem is with this site.

mahalo (thanks)

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hopefully you'll find what's causing the DNS resolve issues but until then I have attached the 7 latest files needed below.

Bubba

Attached Files:

10. Tech Support

mahalo for the file bubba.

btw - today we couldn't resolve the home page for this forum. we could get to the inner pages.

thanks again.

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are very Welcome and that is strange indeed considering Javacool Software, Lavasoft Adaware and WildersSecurity do not use the same Web hosting :doubt:

12. MellowGuyOne

MellowGuyOne Registered Member

I have requested once before why I cannot update SpywareBlaster but the posting seems to have been ignored and I see no responses posted here as to why the problem develops. ONLY on my laptop I cannot update the new definitions. I have removed SpyWareBlaster and reinstalled (from previously downloaded version). I also cannot connect to www.javacoolsoftware.com from the laptop...something blocks it to give a DNS error. Even MSN search and yahoo search give a DNS error that no such place as javacool. It does not happen on any other computer, only on the laptop, which tells me it is malware. I see from postings that I am not the first person to have it happen yet there appears to be little of any value that would fix the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.