Unable To Mount Image - True Image 10.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jsaffer, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsaffer

jsaffer Registered Member

Hi all,

I've been using True Image for years and have always been able to mount an image and assign a drive letter to it. Now I've run into a symptom, in both version 8.0 and 10.0. When attempting to mount an image (in either read only or read/write) I get the message, "cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the backup archive."

I've read some past threads on this issue and I don't see any solutions offered by Acronis or anyone else.

I need to be able to access specific files at times. I'm using version 10.0, build 4942.

I seem to be able to explore/view an archive, but am not able to mount it and have it show up with its own drive letter.

Is there any help for this issue?

This symptom *might* have started after I installed Norton Internet Security 2008 on my system or Service Pack 3 for this Windows XP Pro system. Does anyone know if these may be causing the symptom in Acronis. I don't want to do without Norton's protection.

One other question: what exactly is the difference between exploring/viewing an archive compared to mounting it? In explore/view I seem to be able to view and copy a particular file onto my hard drive from the archive, yes?

Thanks for the help!

Jason

2. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi jsaffer,
    In my case, I'm able to mount an image but in read mode only.I already wrote on this in this forum but no real clarifications have been brought up as far as I remember.I think a bug fix has been promised but it's still awaited.

If you could mount an image in read/write mode, you could modify it and copy/paste it anywhere else.That's the important difference regarding your other question.

3. Larryo

Larryo Registered Member

I just started having the same symptoms. "Unable to assign drive letter..."
    Only started since installing SP3.
    Has anyone else had this problem or has it been resolved somehow. Please advise.

Using XP-SP3
    Acronis TI-10,bld 4871.

4. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi everyone,including Babac,
    The discussion I had earlier on this troublesome subject can be read here.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jsaffer and Larryo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Larryo, we recommend you to use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please make sure that all parts of the image archive are in the same folder. Then validate the image. If the image archive appears to be consistent, proceed to the Mount Image wizard last screen which contains the operation scenario and check if there is any EISA partition (usually service partition on notebooks). If you see such partition, please choose "Do not mount" option for it.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please make sure that Acronis Drivers are properly registered in Windows registry.

When the drivers are successfully installed, Windows registry must contain the respective values in the UpperFilters registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters (PartMgr snapman)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters (VolSnap timounter snapman)

So, the snapman value must be present in both the registry keys and the timounter value must be present in the second one only. Other values may vary in different systems.

If the drivers are missing in the UpperFilters registry keys, which may be caused by a registry protecting application, then the problem can be fixed by editing the Windows registry manually by adding the necessary values in Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.