Unable to Merge Two Partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by gescom, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gescom

gescom Registered Member

I'm using Disk Director 10 and I made two small partitions which I am now unable to merge into one. When I attempt to merge, the process just results in one of the partitions turning into unallocated space and the other partition remains unchanged. There is no change in the size of either partition. The partitions are empty, so I'm not concerned about losing data or anything, but I would like to regain some usable disk space. Any help?

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

gescom:

Merge is not the function that you want to use. Merge is intended to first copy data from one partition into another, followed by resizing the partition. You want to resize; not merge.

If you currently have your one small partition and the other is unallocated, then try this. Right-click on the small partition and choose "Resize". Drag the slider to the left or right (depending on whether the unallocated space is to the left or to the right) until you have enlarged the small partition to fully incorporate all of the unallocated space. Commit and you should have one bigger partition and no more unallocated space.

This operation should be done in the "Manual" mode when starting Disk Director.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.