unable to make a bootable cd

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by thathagat, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thathagat

thathagat Guest

hi.............i hv an original xp pro sp3 bootable cd... to make a second copy for backup i tried to burn another cd with nero and also made an iso image with ultraiso and burned that too to a cd but in both cases the cd won't boot or isn't a bootable cd......can someone help me to make it bootable...........?

2. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Lord Buddha knows the answer...............:)

3. thathagat

thathagat Guest

lol raakii......buddha's quest in the wild woods helped him find middle path....four noble truths....but my quest in the wilders....;) hv just found a purile jibe.......wish buddha knew about pc's..cd's..os for modern day buddhus don't know them either..............

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

5. Sully

Sully Registered Member

You need the bootsector. There are many programs to extract the bootsector from a cd. You can also download them.

With older versions of nero, you would dictate a few settings and use the boot sector file. Then you just add all the files from the cd source to the cd destination. It is usually easiest to copy the entire cd to your hdd, then you can play much faster.

I personally use a batch file and mkisofs to make my bootable cd/dvd's. Either way, without the boot sector, the cd will not boot. Once you get the boot sector file, copy it to a sub-directory on the cd you are making, so that you have it in the future. If you do not, it will not be visible on the cd.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.