unable to login AD-Domain after restore (new SID!?)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikle_01, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikle_01

mikle_01 Registered Member

After restore an Image (taken month before with Acronis TI 8.937) I'am unable to logon on to our Domain (Active Directory).

I guess, the Computer' s SID changes (via Default Domain Policy), or it is a problem with the Keberos Ticket?!

I'am getting rid of changing Network identification from Domain to Workgroup and the way back (Workgroup -> Domain) to be able to participate in W2k3 Domain with our XP Clients. Or have I to Sysprep my computer (and tell it to change SID while booting and create Computeraccount).

Cheers

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikle_01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, we recommend you to use Microsoft System Preparation tool before image creation. Please take a look at this FAQ article describing the situation.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

After a couple of days the DC and the clients exchange a "secret" key for the computer account in the AD. Your restored key is invalid now and and for us (15000 Computers in a distributed AD) it is quite enough to change the computer to a workgroup, change it back to domain and reboot.

We never had a problem with theses machines. Sysprep is also possible, but "too much".

Greetings

Volker

P.S.: It is possible to suppress the exchange of the computer security-token by a change in the registry, but this could be a lack of security.........(but maybe possible for "special" machines in your environment)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.