unable to load linux kernel

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KegStand, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KegStand

KegStand Registered Member

Hi all
    I am trying ATI on vista 64 bit ultimate. I get an error message from the boot disc saying can't load linux kernal. is this problem fixable or should I look elsewhere for a backup solution? Will it recognize my raid 0 array on a msi k9a2 platinum mobo promise controller from the boot disc? any help is appreciated

thnx

ati 2009 latest build

2. LXC

LXC Registered Member

I had the same problem https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=228060 . Go to Acronis Live chat and explain your problem and they will give a link to an iso for creating a new rescue disk. The new rescue disk solved the Linux kernal not loading problem for me. The rescue disk seeing the RAID 0 is another question.

Ed

3. KegStand

KegStand Registered Member

Ok live chat sent me a different .iso but i still can't get the raid array on the onboard promise controller to show up how can i add the 32 bit drivers to the .iso Is that even possibleo_O?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello KegStand,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

I would recommend you create BartPE bootable disc using Acronis BartPE plug-in, you can download plugin from your account. If some drivers are not recognized by Acronis True Image Home 2009 you may use BartPE bootable disc. It is possible to add any storage drivers at startup in the same manner as when installing Windows on the hard drive (by pressing F6 and inserting diskette with drivers).

To create BartPE bootable disc with the Acronis True Image plug-in you should download PE builder from the following link

For additional information about BartPE, please click the following link

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.