unable to "load initial ramdisk"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bill22, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill22

Bill22 Guest

I am getting this message when using the bootable recover CD...

Any ideas

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bill22,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest (889) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download. After that please create Acronis Bootable CD once again using the latest build and let us know whether the problem persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. bob23

bob23 Guest

Ok will do,

Thanks for the quick response....

4. arman

arman Guest

Hi there... I also have same problem...

- Acronis TrueImage Server v8.0 (build 889)
    - At the boot operation when I press F11 to choose Acronis Bus I get message "Starting Acronis True Image..." and follows "Unable to load initial ramdisk. Press <Enter> to proceed"

- If I press Enter, Acronis Logo follows "Loading, please wait..." and finally "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00" the halts.

- My Desktop and Notebook computer has same problem... Do you any appointment ?

Thanx...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello arman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software for Server.

Could you please create a new bootable rescue media and try to boot from it? The Kernel panic error message might arise due to the bootable rescue media being corrupt. If the problem remains please contact us again.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.