Unable to load AMON during boot.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vfusion, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vfusion

vfusion Registered Member

I have installed NOD32 v2.70.39 on a computer with Windows XP SP2 OS. The AMON module would not start automatically during boot, however it could be started manually from the interface. I have done a reinstall and also scanned the system ... but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Best regards..

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

Please , open Control Center -> NOD32 System Tools -> Information
    At the right you can see NOD32 infromation as well as small information about your computer's RAM and processor speed .

Please , choose Copy to clipboard and then use Paste to put this here in your next reply.

The point here is to see whether you have enough RAM to handle the antivirus (for Windows you need the Microsoft requirements -> for XP 128 Mb RAM and for Vista 512 Mb RAM as the very minimum)

3. vfusion

Hello HiTech_Boy,

Thanks for the quick response, as requested :

Operating system information
    Platform: Microsoft Windows XP
    Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
    Version of common control components: 5.82.2900
    RAM: 119 MB
    Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 (701 MHz)

Regards.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Just what I was thinking about -> You have not enough memory to handle Microsoft Windows XP (+ its Service Pack 2) .

As a minimal system requirement , Microsoft suggest you to have at least 128 Mb RAM . The practise shows that XP with SP2 acts well on RAM 256 Mb + more .

AMON cannot run automatically on this configuration because Windows occupies everything . Generally no AV will install or run well .

You need to :

1.Add more RAM
    or
    2. Downgrade the Operating system

Recommended is number 1

5. vfusion

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 2.621 as the primary without problems. I thought of changing to NOD32 as it is supposed to use use less memory in comparison with KIS ?

Rgds.

6. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

Actually, in my experience KIS is lighter than NOD in terms of memory usage, but more CPU heavy and it "feels" heavier.

Right now nod32krn.exe uses 14 192 kB, but it's usually around 20-22 000 kB.

7. vfusion

Hi danieleb,
    Thanks for sharing. Come to think of it, I guess you are right and I have to stick with KIS instead of NOD32. Same goes to you too, HitechBoy, with many thanks.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Kaspersky (and any other AV product) will not work properly on 119 Mb RAM on MS Windows XP with SP2 - 100% guaranteed !

9. vfusion

HitechBoy,
    Thank you very much. Will consider your recommendations to upgrade the RAM when the need arises.

Regards.

10. vfusion

Hi,
    Found this error code in Windows Event. Any assistance to solve this error would be appreciated. Could be due to some windows settings that caused AMON not to auto load during boot ? Assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7030
    Date: 10-Jun-07
    Time: 7:43:09 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HOME-393
    Description:
    The NOD32 Kernel Service service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

11. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

12. vfusion

GhostMan,
    Thanks for the response. Did what you asked, changed the interactive service value to 0 (from 1). Also checked and followed the instructions from the MS site to ensure the LogOn for local system is enabled. Still having the same problem even after a few reboots. It seems that the system is unable to to find the AMON file (note; able to start AMON manually). Regards.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 10-Jun-07
    Time: 11:27:08 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HOME-393
    Description:
    The AMON service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

13. GhostMan

Hi

ok, try to reinstall one more time please, and use \test parameter in setup.exe file. Then, maybe we can find something useful in nsetup.log file. And after uninstall, make sure eset folder and registry key are deleted. Let us know the results.

Good luck :).

14. vfusion

GhostMan,
    Will follow your instructions and do a reinstall later. Will let you know a.s.a.p. Thank you very much for giving your time to assist me.

Regards.

15. vfusion

Uninstalled NOD32, eleted the Eset folder & cleaned registry keys. Carried out a new installation and also rebooted a few times. The problem still exist with the same description:

Description:
    The AMON service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

Regards.

16. GhostMan

Hi

check in Computer management - Services if NOD32 Kernel Service is present, set it to automatic and with executable c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe. Then check mentioned file (hope file is ok, because you can run nod32 kernel manually).

Regards.

17. vfusion

Hi,
    Did the checks earlier and double-checked again as requested. The Service of NOD32 is present and it's in Automatic mode with the executable c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe. Still able to start AMON in manual mode hence file is probably ok. Thanks.

Regards.

18. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello.

I don't think memory causes the problem here. I ran NOD 2.7 on 128mb without such issues.

vfusion, you really should remove any resident AV protection before trying to run AMON automatically. So please uninstall Kaspersky first.

Cheers.

19. vfusion

The Seer,

Tried that as well (complete removal of the resident AV) but with the same problem.. Guys, I think I will give this issue a rest and thank you very much to all.

Best regards.

20. ASpace

ASpace Guest

He has 119 , not 128 , which is worse ;) I vote for the RAM problem

21. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Same here.

Cheers :D

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for the support , BS ;) :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.