Unable to list Folder content.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by r_ruler, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r_ruler

r_ruler Guest

Hi,

I have created a Image on a network share. Now when I try to boot with recovery CD to restore I am unable to see folder content where the image is located.

I can browse the folder when in normal windows mode and my user creadential are sufficient.

Image location:

\\Server1\Images\*.tib

I can only see server1, give password and login, I see folders that have been shered by server, but when click Images-folder I can not see anything, even the folder also contains subfolders and image files directly in the root of Images folder.

Please help,
    Rene

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rene,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build prior to installing build 2323.

Please also create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please do the following:

- Boot from Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable Rescue CD (created using build 2323) and press F11 key when the selection screen appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear.

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please also enter the full path to the image archive manually in a form of: \\Server1\Images\*.tib
    Let us know whether you were able proceed with the image restoration in this case.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. JoshuaSchmidt

JoshuaSchmidt Registered Member

I am having the same problem as well. It appears to be an issue related to Windows 2003 Domains. I have used Windows 2000 Domains in the past as well as workgroup shares and they all work fine. The Windows 2003 servers however only list the published shares. Is there a fix for this problem or do I have to contact Technical Support?

4. Acronis Support

Hello Joshua,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instrutions provided by Alexey, collect all the files which he has mentioned and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

The main thing is that the same problem can be resulted from different reasons. This means that each time we need diagnostic info of the particular customer who has this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. edge9421

edge9421 Registered Member

I am also having this problem, and I am on a Windows2003 domain trying to access shares on a 2003 server. I can confirm that if I move the image to one of our Windows2000 servers I can navigate to it just fine from the bootable TrueImage CD. It seems to be a problem just for accessing Windows2003 servers.

I just downloaded and installed your 15-day trial yesterday so that I could evaluate your software for our company and I must say that this problem is a definite show-stopper. Your software is completely usesless to me if it cannot restore from a Windows 2003 server. I've loved the rest of the application's interface and ease of use, so hopefully you can resolve this problem quickly because I would like to use your product. I am planning to make a decision about what disk imaging product to use by the end of Monday (3/6/06).

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  6. Acronis Support

Hello edge9421,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions in the previous post of Alexey Popov and submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. edge9421

edge9421 Registered Member

I don't know why all three support replies in this thread are stuck on having everyone go through those convoluted steps to send diagnostic information about this problem. I managed to get a solution very quickly via e-mail from Vasily Semyonov. Essentially all I had to do was edit the policy for my server to disable digitally signed communications. There are a few different places where this setting could be changed, depending on whether the 2003 server is a domain controller and whether you want the change to affect an entire domain:

If not a domain controller and you just want to change the one server:
    Open "Administrative Tools : Local Security Policy"

If on a domain controller and you just want to change the one server:
    Open "Administrative Tools : Domain Controller Security Policy"

If you want to change the setting for the domain:
    Open "Administrative Tools : Domain Security Policy"
    or
    Open the GPO (group policy object) called "Default Domain Policy" in Active Directory
    (these both will get you to the same GPO)

Once you have the dialog open, expand the "Local Policies" branch and select the "Security Options" branch. If editing from Active Directory, the "Local Policies" branch is in the "Computer Configuration : Windows Settings : Security Settings" branch.

The option you want to disable is:
    "Microsoft Network Server: Digitally sign communications (always)"

There are other similar option variations along the lines of "if client agrees" and "Microsoft Network Client", but those didn't affect this problem.

I suspect this will fix everyone's problem in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.