unable to install ESET mail security for exchange

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by Statick, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Statick

Statick Registered Member

attempting to install ESET mail security for exchange on windows SBS 2008 produces the following error

"This product version is not compatible with the installed version. It is therefore not possible to run the reinstallation. Please uninstall current product version and restart the installation."

I have never installed ESET mail security before, and it definitely is not installed on this server. ESET file security is currently installed, as well as remote administrator server and console. How can I get mail security installed as well?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET File Security must be uninstalled prior to installing ESET Mail Security.

3. Statick

Statick Registered Member

do you mean to tell me i cannot have file security and mail security running on the same system?

if that's the case, i'll have to uninstall all of this and find a new provider. with a small business server acting as both the file and email server, i need both components to be protected.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server should be capable of providing the same protection as ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server. It just also scans the Exchange portion of the SBS, which is something that ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server does not do.

If you are having trouble configuring ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server to protect the SBS server, please feel free to give your local ESET office, distributor or reseller a call for assistance and they can go over the settings with you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.