Unable to install Disk Director 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Keiffer, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiffer

Keiffer Registered Member

I purchased the upgrade and started the installation of the upgrade from ver. 9. It asks for the new serial number then the old serial number. It then states that it is installing the program. It get almost all the way done and the progress bar goes back to the left. It says that "The installer was interrupted before Acronis Disk Director Suite could be removed. You need to restart the installer to try again." I've restarted over a dozen times. It won't install. I even tried in Safe Mode. It gives me error #1601.

Don't you just hate buying software that doesn't work.

Anybody having any suggestions?

And, no, this isn't a 64 bit PC. It's a 2 year old machine running Windows 2000 Pro with SP4. Version 9 of this program worked fine. Guess I shouldn't have upgraded.

Thanks.

Keith

P.S. I also purchased the upgrade to True Image and it had no problem upgrading.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Keiffer

Have you tried uninstalling it with Add or Remove Programs [control panel], then a new clean Install.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Keith,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

If the workaround suggested by TheQuest does not help, please uninstall Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 manually in the way described below:

- Deactivate Acronis OS Selector
    - Delete snapman value from
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

- Delete snapman key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    - Delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Disk Director

- Delete \Windows\System32\autoprnt.exe if it exists
    - Delete the following folders:

\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis
    \Program Files\Acronis

- Delete the Desktop icon and Start menu shortcuts
    - Reboot the computer.
    - Try to install upgrade once more.

If none of these ways help please do the following:

- Launch the product installation file;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. Keiffer

Keiffer Registered Member

When I looked at Add and Remove Programs, neither Disk Director or OS Selector was listed.

I installed version 9 of Disk Director and used it. I then removed it and rebooted. I attempted to install version 10 of Disk Director and it failed as it did before.

I would prefer not to edit the registry. I'm not the luckiest person. I did run regedit. Look for one of the entries and selected delete. I got the an error message: "Unable to delete all specified values." Maybe this is an omen to leave it alone.

I will upload the error log to be looked at. Hopefully, something will be found.

Keith

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Keith,

Could you please tell me whether you have already send your request to Acronis Support?

If you have already send it please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subject of the letter that you received from our Support Team?

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.